Thursday, February 8, 2024

Blog Week 3

 This week during lab, we learned about the key factors of life cycles and how they work. The characteristics of a life cycle include distinct stages and lengths of these stages that vary between species. Reproduction: a key component of many life cycles, as it allows the continuation of a species. Development: Life cycles often involve charges in physical characteristics, such as growth and maturation, as well as changes in behavior and habits. Adaptation: life cycles can be influenced by environmental factors. Pattern: all life cycles follow the basic pattern of birth, growth, reproduction, and death

We created our own life cycles using play dough and my partner and I did the life cycle of a frog:

We also planted our Fast Plants to see if there is growth by next week's lab. This would be a great activity to do with my future students, because it was very engaging and promotes a lot of learning!

3 comments:

  1. I think your group's frog lifecycle is great! I think the process of life cycle is very interesting, both in terms of biology and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love your frog's life cycle model, it looks great! I also thought your description of a life cycle was and the different stages was very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alivia, I loved the representation of the frogs life cycle. I thought you did a great job representing a frog!

    ReplyDelete

Science 2: Week 9

What did we do in the lab? We watched a video about ice core drilling and how scientists have been learning about carbon levels in the atmos...