This week in the lab, we checked our fast plants, and my partner and I got to pollinate our plants this week with the bees. We learned more about genetic materials and constructed our own sequence of DNA using Twizzlers and Dots candy. We also did a baby lab experiment, where we flipped a coin to gain a specific gene from the "parents" which was my partner and I. We practiced understanding dominant and recessive gene traits and at the end we drew our baby using the features that we obtained through the packet. I was wondering why our DNA sequence wasn't bending like the other tables? I was able to connect what we learned from last week's genetic materials to this week in lab.
Hi Alivia! I like how you went over dominant and recessive traits, which I forgot to mention! Maybe the DNA was not bending because of the placement of the dots, but definitely something you can work through with your future class! I also agree this week connected a lot to last week :)
ReplyDelete