Thursday, March 28, 2024

Blog Post Week #10

 

This week in lab, we reviewed what we previously learned in lab and lecture. We also learned more about natural selection and evolution. We talked more about mutations and what can cause a mutation. Then we did an activity using three hundred beans and there was three different types of beans used. We tested the generations of beans multiple times to see the effects of the different types of materials being used. I didn't have any questions about what we learned during lab and lecture this week. I can apply the material learned this week to my future teaching by including this activity in my classroom as an easier elementary level activity.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alivia! You did a great job explaining what we learned this week! I found lab very helpful in helping me connect mutations and evolution. I also want to use a similar activity in my future classroom. I think it's a great way to teach young kids about natural selection. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alivia,
    I also believe this can be a great activity to incorporate into our classrooms. It is easy and doesn't require a lot of minerals but can get mess with younger elementary.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alivia,
    Great job explaining the information from this week! I also really enjoyed lab!

    ReplyDelete

Science 2: Week 9

What did we do in the lab? We watched a video about ice core drilling and how scientists have been learning about carbon levels in the atmos...