Sunday, January 28, 2024

Blog Week 2

 This week in the lab, we discussed the NGSS website and how to navigate to specific topics of study. We also learned about cells and what consists of a living being. At our tables, we made an anchor chart of the eight characteristics of a living thing. This week was a nice refresher on basic science principles of living beings and the process of how living things survive. We also learned what living things need to survive and where they get their food. The last topic we learned about this week was photosynthesis and cellular respiration. I can apply what I've learned this week to my future teaching by explaining these same processes to my future students. I could make fun ways to learn and discuss the process of living things. I didn't have any questions about the topics that were discussed this week in the lab or in the lecture. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alivia! I agree that this week was a great refresher on the basic characteristics of living things. I think this refresher will help us better understand how to teach this content. I love that you already have ideas of how to teach some of these concepts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alivia! This week was definitely a great way to refresh our knowledge of some of the basics of living things. It sounds like you learned a lot and are thinking about how to apply this information in engaging, educational ways for your future students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alivia, I liked the connection you had between our lesson and your future teaching lesson! I think that will be a great and fun lesson for your future students

    ReplyDelete

Science 2: Week 9

What did we do in the lab? We watched a video about ice core drilling and how scientists have been learning about carbon levels in the atmos...